Saturday, May 7, 2016

Full House(s)


Wednesday evening, we found an extra package of bees available. This package of Italians fills out the bee yard. I had hoped to eventually have three hives.


Because this was a leftover package, I got a deep discount. I decided to try shaking this package Wednesday night. I was hurried.

This queen is going to need a name. I am at a loss currently, but I am sure everyone will have some suggestions to offer.

If you recognize the box, I stole it from Doris. I consolidated her bees into the bottom box and split the drawn comb between the Ethel and the new Italians. I have a new bottom board made and I am working on a proper lid for this new hive.
 
Now we can officially call this an apiary. Since the bee yard is full, we will need to name a queen, but mostly we can look forward to big success this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment